Welcome to December! I can’t believe that it is already here. This entire year has gone by so fast! I also can’t believe that I just started this website in May, and it has already been as successful as it has been. Thank you to everyone who has supported me this far! My income is down a bunch from my October Multiple Income Stream Report, but read on to find out why.
Important Happenings in November
- I have to admit it, but I was pretty lazy this month. I took about a week and a half off from blogging around Thanksgiving, and then I’ve been slow to get back at it. During the break, I put together a bunch of post ideas, so I am set to go, but I need to get writing. But, the laziness has been good to recharge my batteries. This time of year is always the busiest at work, and as such, my side income streams, such as blogging, really do take a back seat. Plus, there are always more family commitments and other events this time of year that I need to attend.
- As part of my laziness, I didn’t do any freelance writing this month either, and so my income did take a hit on that front as well. I don’t know if I will do much in December either, but I plan to start the New Year strong on this front.
- Finally, ad revenue from my sites declined this month as well. I was expecting several deals to renew, and they fell through, which was disappointing. Oh well, you can’t win them all, and I will be back trying this month!
Multiple Income Sources
- Dividends: $550.41
- The College Investor
- Private Advertising: $185.00
- CPC Ads: $21.53
- Affiliate Networks: $3.00
- Amazon: $0.34
- Sponsored Tweets: $0.70
- My Multiple Incomes
- Private Advertising: $0.00
- CPC Ads: $2.58
- Niche Site #1
- CPC Ads: $1.24
- Niche Site #2
- CPC Ads: $0.09
- Gross Total: $764.89
- Difference from August: -$1,648.48
What I Learned
- The biggest thing I learned last month was that I needed to take a small break to regroup, recover, spend time with friends and family, and not worry so much about making money. While making money is a huge passion of mine, I don’t want it to consume me, burn me out, and distance me from my family. I think breaks are good and healthy, even if it costs a few hundred dollars. This being said, I’m making it a personal goal of mine for 2012 to take all my vacation at my primary job. I don’t know if I’ve ever actually done this before, but I’m going to do it in 2012. I think Sam from the Financial Samurai put it best – you are essentially giving yourself a pay cut by not taking all your vacation because it is factored in your total compensation.
- Man, I was depending on one of my main advertisers to renew, and it just didn’t happen. So, I learned not to depend on this type of thing. I’ve read so many blogs and posts about once you get an advertiser, they renew – but budgets and goals at companies change, and so did my advertiser’s needs. It would have been a big deal, but it never went through. Hopefully I can lock some good ones in this month!
Thanks again for your support!
As always, I love you thoughts, questions, comments, concerns!